If you’re looking for mosquito information, you’ve come to the right place. This tiny pest is known for being aggressive to humans, often the cause of going indoors during the summer. But, there’s still much left to know about the mosquito. Below learn a few important details about this pest.
· Only female mosquitoes bite. While many people assume they feed on blood, the mosquito actually needs the blood to lay her eggs.
· Typically mosquitoes eat plant nectar from various flowers.
· If you sustain a problem with mosquitos at your home, do not suffer in silence. Call a mosquito company austin instead. Professionals offer a variety of tools that keep mosquitos off of your property and out of your hair.
· Despite their small size, the mosquito is the deadliest animal in the world. It is a known carrier of many diseases, including West Nile Virus.
· There are many types of mosquitoes out there. Some do not live in America. Altogether, more than 2,700 mosquito species exist.
· Did you know that a mosquito can lay as many as 300 eggs at one time? It is easy to understand how fast an infestation and a big problem can occur with this number in vision.
· Mosquitos do not live long. In fact, the average male mosquito has an average life of no more than six months. The female, on the other hand, has an average lifespan of only about 2 -3 weeks!
· Some mosquitos do not feed on humans at all and do their best to avoid them. In fact, one type of mosquito prefers to bite birds rather than humans.
Now you have information about mosquitos that you can share with others and become known as the mosquito pro! But do not allow this pest to ruin your summer when professionals are around.